Monday, February 9, 2009

3-Day 2008 Day 1




And they’re off!



The 2008 Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk has begun. The good news is now there is less than 60 miles to go!

Stay tuned throughout the next three days as we document in word and picture the journey of Team Hula Hooters. Keep us all in your prayers. Thank You!





7:26pm-DAY 1-As we speak, the Hooters are lining up for Genie’s magic massagers. She brought a foot massager and a professional back massager, like they use at the chiropracter. Many ooooos and aaaaaahs are coming out of our campsite right now.



Here are a few comments from the team on day 1:

Brianna-Good Nite.

Cindi-Every year, I start off excited and refreshed. Gonna go gangbusters! By Torrey Pines I am thinking, is my heart going to stay in my chest? But walking with my hooters, and the girls too, knowing that all my friends and family contributed to make sure I could walk for their friends and family made something so hard so SWEET!

Victor- Genie needs sunscreen.

Sarah-Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil NO!

Genie-I want to thank Premier Reprographics for doing such an awesome job on our banner! Sooooo many compliments! Thank You!

Lilly-I found my friend from the bus last year. We were both walking this year! WE made it!

Julie-I am very proud of our first time walker, Brianna! Way to go Hooters!

Robin-I’m in the shower right now…I need a new computer.

Bicely-I didn’t think that being a roadie would be as exciting as walking, but it turned out to be a great experience today!

Jodi-I missed all the fun, but i get to catch everyone up on the blog…tomorrow, Roadies here i come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We walk for those who cannot. And we couldn't walk without the generosity of our Supporters...THANK YOU!
We appreciate your interest in finding the CURE! Please let us know what you think! Leave a comment of encouragement.
If you're a walker, please leave us your name and email! Walkers Rock!